Planners, Transport Management & related
£30,000 Per Annum
Strive are delighted to represent our client, a market leading Pharmaceutical logistics organization with a significant national network, in their search for an exceptional Transport Planning Supervisor for their brand-new distribution facility near Doncaster.
Reporting into the Transport Operations Manager, this is a superb opportunity to take ownership of the planning team’s operational performance providing a dedicated route planning service and to be a key player in the growth and development of the team and the site’s transport operations.
- Lead and coordinate all customer orders being booked with end users in a timely manner
- Lead, support and develop the Planning team
- Plan all orders onto the available vehicles to the timeframes agreed with the end user
- Align all route planning, ensuring that all routes are planned within scope of current legislation
- Create routes to align with temperature requirements, allocating the relevant fleet
- Attend conference calls and be part of the new customer on boarding process
- Always look to increase vehicle utilisation and productivity levels without service detriment
- Receive feedback from drivers to improve route plans
- Be an integral part of the Logistics team across the wider business building relationships and a great teamwork ethos
- Excellent people leadership skills with proven management / mentoring experience
- Excellent knowledge of transport operations in a high-volume multi-drop network
- Knowledge of TMS
- The ability to effectively prioritise workload in order to meet set deadlines
This is a fantastic opportunity that offers genuine growth within a very established business with an experienced and supportive senior management team around you. Your future is in your own hands with superb development opportunities! Apply now for immediate consideration.