Planners, Transport Management & related
£26,000 Per Annum
Excellent Bens & Prospects
4on 4off - Days
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations.
Our client is a well-established & highly respected hauler covering the UK providing general haulage movements and we are delighted to assist them in their search for a Transport Planner on a 4on 4off basis 6am-6pm.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of their busy Transport fleet & drivers, with a focus to provide first-class customer service, routing and scheduling which supports and compliments the business. Your role is to be responsible for planning routing requirements across the UK in a very fast paced environment and managing drivers, resource and customers effectively.
- Effective planning of resources (driver & vehicle) to ensure delivery SLA’s are upheld.
- Ensuring that customer delivery levels are maintained at a high standard
- Prioritising workloads & route planning – working pro-actively working to reduce missed time-slots & late deliveries
- Ensuring any transport issues arising from customers & drivers are resolved
- Routing a large fleet of 45 vehicles
- Monitor compliance and effectively work with drivers to reduce infringements
- Keep in close contact with the drivers & customers offering support and ensuring that runs are progressing correctly
- Briefing & De-Briefing drivers
- Provide quotations for customers.
- Process drivers weekly run sheets, allocations and POD’s
- Able to demonstrate significant Transport Planning experience within a very pressurized environment
- Able to use initiative and common sense
- Good geographical knowledge
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Up to date knowledge of WTD and RTD and all relevant legislation
- Knowledge of planning tools such as Sterling/Paragon etc. and standard office tools like Excel
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive and growing business which offers progression through hard work and commitment and we look forward to your application.