Transport Managers, Transport Management & related
£45,000 Per Annum
Excellent Bens & Prospects
Transport Operations Manager
c£45k + Excellent Benefits
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations.
Our client is a major FMCG distributor in the UK. We are delighted to assist them in their search for a Transport Operations Manager at their site in Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Reporting into the General Manager and with one direct report / four in-directs, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the busy Transport operation, with a fleet size of c75 units and 85 Drivers, the site operates on a multi-drop basis.
Key Accountabilities as Transport Operations Manager:
- The leadership and management of all aspects of the Depot Transport operation in order to ensure that deliveries are made On Time, In Full (OTIF)
- To control all department costs within agreed budgets, and / or flex accordingly based on volume, W.T.D. hours or customer requirements
- To produce key performance indicators relating to the transport department as required by the Head of Operations.
- Proactively drive the transport department forward by strategically planning for the future utilising experience of the wider market and developments in transport technology.
- Influence the way the transport department operates and improve in areas such as fuel costs, maintenance spend, agency costs etc
- To ensure the transport department is compliant in its practices in line with the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency.
The Ideal Person for the Transport Operations Manager role:
- Able to demonstrate significant transport experience within a multi-drop, FMCG environment
- Possess a CPC Qualification
- Have established management experience at a senior level
- Be able to demonstrate both strong leadership and people management skills
- Be able to work under pressure, multi tasking and prioritising work loads successfully.
Apply now for immediate consideration to join one of the UK’s major Distribution success stories.