Production & Engineering
£45,000 Per Annum
Excellent exec package
TPM Production Team Leader
£45k - £50k + Benefits + prospects
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations.
Part of a vast international group manufacturing a unique product range for the industrial sector. The highly profitable plant runs 24/7 using 4 machines across 5 shifts & a head count of c100. They have adopted a manufacturing excellence focus & started their TPM journey a few years ago and driving the plant to the JIPM Certification level 1 will be a priority for the team.
This is an unmissable opportunity to join a world leader in what will be a challenging & highly rewarding role. We look forward to your application.
We are looking for a proven TPM driven production manager who has worked in a high-volume manufacturing facility.
The Production Shift Leader is responsible for all aspects of the safety, quality, cost, production and employee engagement for their shift in the plant. We expect pride in workmanship and team involvement in ensuring a safe environment, eliminating waste, and making decisions to solve problems and improve operations whilst ensuring policy compliance.
Reports to: Operations Leader
Span of Control: Site leadership, out of hours. Shift Leadership 15 hourly direct reports
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES – Leadership through TPM
Our client is dedicated to the application of TPM and its associated pillar structure to drive operational excellence.
In this role you will be pivotal in the implementation and sustainment of TPM in the daily process as outlined below:
EH&S (Environment, Health & Safety)
T/D (Training & Development) & OM (Office Management)
FI (Focused Improvement)
AM/PM (Autonomous Maintenance/Planned Maintenance)
QM (Quality Maintenance)
EM (Early Management)
Champion an Unwavering Adherence to Safety, Health, and Environmental Standards
- Ensure a safe work environment through strict adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- Drive continuous improvement in the areas of safety and 5S through the engagement of the operations employees.
- Be committed to the principles of environmental and product stewardship.
Provide Leadership to Ensure Product Quality
- Partner with the local team to clearly understand customer needs and constantly meet customer expectations.
- Provide leadership to all manufacturing process areas, to ensure quality standards are upheld on their shift.
Lead, Coach, and Develop the Team to Achieve Operational Excellence
- Effectively assess, develop, and manage the hourly talent on the shift.
- Coach direct reports to drive performance and accountability in a manner that will garner them credibility and respect.
- Monitor and improve standards of performance achieved by your shift.
Work Collaboratively Across Departments and Functions
- Partner with peers, maintenance, and functional support to gain an in-depth understanding of all aspects of the plant’s processes, and then work together to achieve the plant’s goals and objectives.
Embrace the Role of a Change Agent
- Identify areas where change is needed, articulate a case for why the changes are necessary, align the team on a proactive and strategic change plans, and lead the execution of those plans.
Develop and Maintain an Effective Labour Relations Partnership
- Demonstrate the commitment for building a high-performance workplace that nurtures and facilitates open dialogue, employee engagement, and the value of inclusion and diversity.
- Engaging with employee representative groups as required to collaborate, communicate and drive plant performance.
- Leadership/supervisory experience in manufacturing environment.
- Operating in a 12hr rotating shift model.
- Demonstrated ability as a leader in continuous flow processing.
- Experience with TPM deployment and sustainment.
- Communicating and driving results in a union environment.
- Core technical experience of factory processes, mechanics, electrics, pneumatics, hydraulic and controls.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & NATURAL ABILITIES:
- Passion for safety and customer service.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and rally a team around a shared goal.
- Results oriented attitude.
- Application knowledge of problem solving tools.
- Strong change management and negotiation skill.
- Resiliency to overcome challenges.
- Ability to make decisions in a stressful environment.
- Desire to continuously learn.
- Effective communication in all directions in organization.
- SAP or similar operating system.
- Microsoft Office software.