Operations Manager, Warehouse Management & related
£32,000 to £37,000 Per Annum
Production and Logistics Opps manager.
£36k + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Our client is a leading healthcare service management provider, with over 20 sites in the UK. They are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager at their site in Sheffield, on a Wednesday – Sunday shift. Based on a 40 hour working week, you will be working across the following:
- Wednesday and Thursday (6pm – 2am)
- Friday (4pm – Midnight)
- Saturday and Sunday (11am – 7pm)
Reporting into the General Manager, you will be responsible for 3 Production Managers, Maintenance Engineers and 6 Indirect reports, in charge of c150 FTEs within Production and Logistics.
In this fast paced and H&S conscious environment, you will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- To manage the production and logistics areas of the site, and to be responsible for all production and logistics staff based at the site
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the production unit and the logistical collection and delivery of products to the site and the delivery of quality finshed products to the customer.
- To monitor and control the use of capital equipment within recognised performance and efficiency measures.
- To assume prime site responsibility for all Health and Safety Policy issues ensuring that all activities comply with Health and Safety procedures and guidelines.
- To proactively lead all staff putting forward suggestions for continuous improvement
- To monitor and ensure that all product despatched conform to accepted Company Quality guidelines and procedures
- To effectively plan and schedule all production to the agreed specification to meet customer requirements.
- To actively monitor absence levels of staff maintaining and analysing data as appropriate.
- To lead and actively promote participation in all Company communications initiatives including Team Briefing, employee forums, and staff meetings as required.
Ideal Candidate for Operations Manager:
- Educated to at least A-Level standard with excellent verbal and numerical skills
- Experience of managing teams in a fast moving, regulated production / logistics environment
- Has worked with Quality procedures, ideally with H&S Awareness (COSHH, MHE, Risk Assessement) and possesses a relevant H&S Qualification (NEBOSH or similar)
- Good commercial acumen with the ability to influence and negotiate
- An understanding of Lean / Six Sigma / 5S would be an advantage
- Good IT Skills
Apply now for immediate consideration!