Production & Engineering
£30,000 Per Annum
£30k + excellent bens + prospects
Location : Redruth, Cornwall
An internationally renowned engineering company who continue to grow at a rapid pace. As part of their expansion & process improvement there now exists a new role for an experienced materials planner in a multi-functional & highly exciting role.
Purchasing raw material/stock items.Managing raw material inventory through to finished product.Producing and sustaining an efficient and cost-effective buying plan.Covering production planning/scheduling where required.Producing planning reports on a regular basis, detailing departmental performance.Developing and maintaining systems and processes.Manage supplier liaison & performance (contact, audits, price negotiation).Complete role admin tasks - raising purchase orders.Maintain and troubleshoot BOM issues.Providing accurate planning based information to the business.Ensuring the production team are always updated with developments to the plan.
Qualifications / Skill set:
- Previous experience of ERP/Planning systems
- Experience in MRP or production planning.
- Strong IT skills, especially Microsoft Office suite (Excel)
- Background in manufacturing an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain and it’s interdependencies.
- Flexible, able to cover 2 local sites in order to support the function
- Problem solver, with a desire to create long term solutions.
- Ability to assimilate with various teams (Operations, HSEQ and Planning).
- Appetite for development and to develop others.
- Willingness to learn new techniques and adapt to the environment.
- Confident IT user, especially Microsoft suite.
- Eye for detail, only accepting the right first time approach.
- Able to adopt and demonstrate the company’s core values.
This is a fantastic opportunity - we look forward to your application.