Supply Chain, H&S & related
£6,000 Per Annum
Supply Chain Manager (Interim) - 6 month contract - £60k
£60k pro rata – London area – home based.
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations.
Our client is independent craft drinks maker supplying to the UK’s major multiple grocery chains and a portfolio of other blue-chip customers in the on-trade and foodservice sectors, nationwide. They outsource manufacturing and logistics to a small number of key partners.
The post is based at the company's head office in Surrey. Clearly, because of the impact of COVID-19, the majority of the role will be carried out from home of the person appointed therefore there is a good level of flexibility on where in the South East you will be based. Occasional travel for site visits or meetings may be required, the costs of which will be fully reimbursed.
As a small team they need additional support over the next few months, to ensure that their manufacturing partners receive the raw materials they need, in full, on time; and that the customers receive what they order in full and on time. In addition, there are projects underway, which would benefit from focus and closer management.
We need a proven, end to end supply chain manager from the food or drinks sector who can make an immediate contribution and is comfortable working in a small and entrepreneurial organisation. The ability to work largely unsupervised and take day to day operational decisions will be key.
:• Using sales forecasts to produce production plans –
• Sales forecasts will be supplied . There is a bespoke spreadsheet capable of turning this forecast into a production plan and material requirements.
Raw materials• There is a bills of material for each SKU; main ingredients are fruit, flavours, packaging. There are c30 material in total, from approx 6 main suppliers
• Working with manufacturing partners to ensure production plans are implemented
Ordering and management of inbound materials
• The task is mainly calling off required volume, under a contract, where spec, price etc are already agreed
Management of warehousing and logistics with external provider
• Main warehouse is in Cheshire
Dealing with outages, exceptions
Management of projects as agreed
• The first task is to get the basics under control. Thereafter, projects may include simplification of processes, Brexit prep and management; and implementing NPD activity
• Substantial experience of supply chain management in FMCG – ‘end to end’ –
• This is a short-term role and therefore we need someone to hit the ground running and start contributing straight away.
• Experience of dealing with major multiple grocers a significant advantage
• Able to work on own initiative, as part of a small team
• Good Excel skills• General IT proficiency
This is a fantastic opportunity. We look forward to your application.