Production & Engineering
£35,000 Per Annum
Our client is a niche 3PL, specialising in the distribution of multi-temp product to Major Retailers. Due to an unprecedented growth, we are delighted to assist them in their search for a HGV Mechanic at their site in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire on a 4on, 4off basis (7am-7pm).
Working with the company’s fleet of HGVs you will be responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing the fleet to DVSA standards. As HGV Mechanic, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that all vehicles are MOT prepared within operating licence timescales.
- Ensure that all vehicles are serviced on time and in full.
- All Inspections and repairs to be carried out on time and in full.
- All timescales to be in line with DVSA and Operators Licence requirements.
- Complete relevant paperwork to comply with health and safety and food safety standards and to track the service provided.
- Operate relevant MHE (if applicable / permitted & authorised) safely and in accordance with the correct procedures
- Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the business’ accident reporting procedure
- To ensure that all work completed is recorded in electronic or paperwork versions as required, thereby ensuring a full audit trail of work is available for inspection at all times.
Ideal Candidate for HGV Mechanic:
- High level of technical knowledge and experience of working as a HGV Mechanic / HGV Fitter
- Able to prioritise workload
- Qualified to IRTEC, City & Guilds Vehicle Maintenance and Repair, TEC National Certificate in Vehicle Repair and Technology level
- Able to demonstrate excellent motor industry knowledge
- Able to complete planned maintenance jobs but stop to effect urgent repairs before returning to the original work - flexible and able to plan accordingly
Apply today for an unmissable opportunity!