Site General Manager, Warehouse Management & related
£65,000 Per Annum
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations.
Head of Operations
£65k + Benefits + prospects
We are delighted to be working exclusively with a medical supplier based in North London. They are now uniquely positioned to take their next steps in the journey to expansion. Central to that is a Head of operations to take over the supply chain function with a wide-ranging brief.
Ideal candidate: The minimum core competencies are as follows – is this genuinely you?
1] Must have managed key processes in an operational supply chain. This includes:
Time critical warehouse operations including fulfilment for online orders
Stock & Inventory
3rd party parcel delivery operations
Strong WMS / IT knowledge & experience.
2] A track record of operational performance analysis & dedication to continuous improvement. This includes taking a deep dive into a how an operation works, communicating with all parties, delivering business defining data analysis, reviewing & setting KPIs/operational performance targets.
3] Strong financial skills including reviewing, setting & managing budgets.
4] A proven ability to set a plan with a clear vision that is logical, well costed & achievable.
5] Customer service driven – will be able to demonstrate how this has been achieved.
6] A proven manager who will lead from the front & set a clear collective vision.
- Work with other key team members to produce the annual business plan in order to deliver the strategic objectives against KPIs’
- Produce an annual operational plan, including a detailed budget that supports the annual business plan objectives.
- Focus on change management in order to extract best practice from each functional department.
- To lead, manage, motivate and direct the team in a positive, professional and motivational way.
- To manage all aspects of purchasing, stock management and inventory control, so as to achieve agreed targets.
- To manage all aspects of the warehouse and distribution functions so as to achieve agreed targets
- Focus on maximising the return on all areas of expenditure including departmental employment costs. Full P&L departmental responsibilities
- Departmental KPI’s will be used to assess the delivery of the departmental objectives. Be responsible for developing a suite of KPI’s such as required
- A monthly report will be produced to a pre-defined format. The report will be presented at the Operational Board meeting as defined by the Managing Director
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines to ensure department activities comply with legal requirements
- Provide an outstanding consistent customer experience
- Ensure the senior management team is aware of the latest technologies and business practices to move swiftly to take advantage of market opportunities
- Encourage all departmental team members to work in a safe and effective working environment in line with best practice H&S
- Carry out departmental appraisals / reviews in conjunction with HR
This is a truly unique opportunity & we look forward to your application.