Health & Safety, Production/Engineering Management , Project/CI Managers, Stock & Systems Control, Supply Chain, H&S & related
£80,000 Per Annum
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations.
Food Production General Manager - South East London
Salary / package
£80,000 PA Basic Salary , Dependant on experience EBIT Profit Bonus Scheme 10-50% of Basic Salary, dependant on targets met.25 days paid Holiday, plus 8 Bank Holidays.Company Car Allowance of £6k PA + Company Pension Scheme
Our client is a food manufacturing business with a turnover of c£15m p/a. They operate as a subsidiary site to a larger group & services the South of the UK from the top end of the Midlands & Lincolnshire downwards & is supported by various Cross Dock facilities across the UK within their own network. The existing site is very modern and has plenty of capacity for a forecasted doubling of turnover in the next few years.
Current Headcount is 60 across Sales & Admin, Factory & Buying 33, Distribution 17 (In addition some distribution carried out by vehicles and drivers at trunk sites).
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in Food Production & Logistics backed with a strong Commercial awareness and an ability to build a successful team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, hardworking and talented individual to join a great Business.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate many of the skills below.
Job Description –
• To be compliant in all Food Safety and H&S requirements
• To ensure all areas of the depot are clean, tidy and organised at all times to minimum of BRC 6 A standard
• Ensure all BRC and internal/external audits are passed
• Full P&L responsibility & Cost Management
• Full KPI responsibility and year on year performance targets
• Sales and Commercial drive and management responsibilities
• Full understanding and involvement in buying/commercial awareness
• Budget and management report understanding
• Full involvement in all customer service, and strive to continuously improve customer experience
• Stock management and control
• Margin management and control
• Work closely with the Transport management to ensure full compliance and all legal systems and controls are executed.
• HR management with support of the People Team
• Control of expenses and capital outlay
• Full site security including people, product, cash, and intellectual property control
• Staff motivation and team building and management/ development/succession planning
• Product quality Management
Ability to motivate a workforce
Effective management and delegation
Communication and negotiation
Strong financial acumen
Planning and forecasting
In depth knowledge of markets and changing business environments
Effective decision making
Ability to achieve and succeed budget targets
Self-motivated and driven
This is a great opportunity & we look forward to your application.