Warehouse Management & related
£60,000 Per Annum
Excellent Benefits (including bonus)
Status at April 25th 2020 - on hold for now but under review.
Our client is a leading E-Commerce Distributor, who are currently recruiting for a brand new role at their site in Hereford, responsible for managing and developing the busy operations team across Goods-In, Replen, Returns and Goods-Out.
Reporting into the Operations Director, with c5 Direct Reports and c500 FTEs on site, you will be responsible for:
- Being accountable for the leadership and management of the Distribution Centre on a day-to-day basis
- Maintaining focus on all warehouse KPI’s and employee engagement
- Understanding underlying reasons for trends (positive and negative) with the ability to flex the operation accordingly to meet the targets
- Proactively manage the output of the DC and other improvement initiatives to deliver proposed improvements and associated savings in efficiency and cost
- Identifying and delivering cost saving opportunities
- Compiling, tracking and reviewing KPI suite for the Distribution & Logistics function and, where necessary, identify trends and take swift corrective action
- Managing peak planning and execution
- Driving the operations strategic and tactical continuous improvement plans with full budgetary responsibility for all aspects of the Distribution Centre
- Resource planning across the Distribution Centre.
The Ideal Candidate for the role of Distribution Centre Manager:
- Track record in successful FMCG Distribution & Logistics Management, ideally within an E-Commerce environment
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Efficient in the use of WMS and additional software programmes
- Previous experience in the smooth running of a warehouse including racking, storage layout, pick and pack processes
- Experience in Logistics & Supply Chain roles especially e-commerce
- Liaison with carriers, ensuring full KPI adherence via monitor and measurement tools
- Understanding of the full order cycle to give direction, optimisation and co-ordination to enable continuous improvement
- Meet cost, Productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets.
This is truly an outstanding opportunity to lead a state of the art RDC into an exciting future. You will have autonomy to do so!
Apply now for immediate consideration!